Our team at Forest Vets is highly trained, skilled and dedicated to total animal health care. We’re a multi-cultural crew of surgeons, nurses, reception staff and management that have devoted our lives to developing high standards of veterinary services for all pets and small animals. Want to get to know us more? Come and read our profiles below!
BVSc BSc (Hons)
BSAVA PGCertSAM MRCVS
- The Forest Veterinary Centre was established over 30 years ago by Ken Burley and Clive Swainsbury with a clear goal in mind – to create a veterinary practice that incorporated both the best facilities and equipment available, whilst also creating an environment and company ethos that put client and patient care first and foremost.
Elizabeth Parris BVM&S MRCVS
- Liz grew up on a farm in the Scottish Borders and qualified from the Royal ( Dick ) School of Veterinary Medicine in Edinburgh.
On qualifying she worked in a mixed practice in Perth before moving south to Essex. Liz joined Forest in 1996 initially working at both the Epping and Woodford branches but since the opening of the Harlow branch she has been based there and became clinical director of the
Harlow branch and Head of the radioioidine unit in 2018.
Out of work Liz is a keen rugby fan and supports Epping ( upper clapton ) Rugby Club. When not at the rugby club she can often be found at the allotment or out walking with her two dogs Meg and Tay.
Sophie Cox BVSc BSc (Hons) PGCertSAM MRCVS
- Sophie grew up in the Hertfordshire countryside riding horses and developing a passion for animals. After qualifying from the University of Brighton with first class honors in Biomedical Science, she went on to study Veterinary Science at The University of Liverpool and qualified in 2007.Following her qualification as a Veterinary Surgeon, Sophie worked in mixed practice and travelled around Australia before joining Forest Veterinary Centre in 2013. Her passion for medicine has developed over the years and following 3 years of additional study, she was awarded her Post Graduate Certificate in Small Animal Medicine at the beginning of 2018. She has since become the clinical director of the Woodford branch of Forest Veterinary Centre.Sophie continues to enjoy riding and can be found in her spare time competing locally in both Dressage and more recently Eventing.
Nina Grimstead BVMS CertAVP MRCVS
Loiuse Hodgetts BVetMed MRCVS
Mary-Anne Frank BVSc CertSAM MRCVS
Alex Weatherley BVSc MRCVS
Sophie Dormon BVM&S MRCVS
Henry Griffin BVetMed MRCVS
Lynn Matthews BVSc MRCVS
Imma Sugulo MRCVS
Night Veterinary Surgeon
- Our Veterinary Surgeons are here to put your mind at ease. They work across our three surgeries providing first-opinion consultancy, operational procedures and care of our patients. Our vets’ priority is your animals’ comfort, they will take every measure to afford you and your pet the best treatment available. On 24-hour call, all year round, our registered clients can rest assured that no matter the issue, or the time of day, our vets are here for you.
Reception and Administration Manager
- With many years of experience within the veterinary industry between them, our management team ensure the smooth running of operations and healthcare across our three surgeries.Overseen by Practice Manager Jenny Peacock, they are our backbone and our heart; maintaining all of our facilities, organising our staff and liaising between our veterinary surgeons, nurses, partners, clients and patients.With years of training in veterinary medicine and nursing, their job is to make sure your pet has the best healthcare team and facilities available to them.Taking a dedicated and holistic approach to surgery management, you will often find them helping out in every capacity, from walking our dogs to dealing with accounts.
Deputy Head Nurse
Deputy Head Nurse
Deputy Head Nurse
Julia Surman Wells
- Our diverse nursing team is formed of dedicated, qualified veterinary nurses, student nurses and trainees alike. At Forest Veterinary Centre we are a registered training practice for veterinary nurses. They gain their qualifications through working at our practice whilst studying at university and college. Working under the care of our qualified staff, our students and trainees gain invaluable experience, and provide a range of services for our clients, including free advice on pet nutrition, flea treatments, worming and behavioural training for your pets.We always have nurses on call, offering 24-hour care assistance for all of our registered clients, whilst also providing overnight inpatient care at our Epping veterinary hospital.
- Our friendly reception team are always on hand to answer any questions or concerns you might have. The face of our surgeries, they’re more than happy to offer any advice you may need with your pets’ care. Whether you want to book an appointment over the phone, or just pop in, our trained receptionists are a great port of call for any questions you may have. They are always delighted to meet the new arrivals to your family, and welcome you to our practice.