Our team at Forest Vets is highly trained, skilled and dedicated to total animal health care. We’re a multi-cultural crew of surgeons, nurses, reception staff and management that have devoted our lives to developing high standards of veterinary services for all pets and small animals. Want to get to know us more? Come and read our profiles below!
- The Forest Veterinary Centre was established over 30 years ago by Ken Burley and Clive Swainsbury with a clear goal in mind – to create a veterinary practice that incorporated both the best facilities and equipment available, whilst also creating an environment and company ethos that put client and patient care first and foremost.
Clive Swainsbury BvetMed CertVR CertSAC MRCVS
Born in London’s East End, and later raised in Harlow, Essex, Clive qualified from the Royal Veterinary College in 1978 and has since dedicated his life to veterinary care.
Having begun his career at a private practice in Harlow, he established the Forest Veterinary Centre along with Ken Burley in 1984, opening the first practice in Epping next door to our current location.
Always looking to expand his repertoire, Clive is constantly learning and has subsequently obtained a Certificate in Radiology and a further Certificate in Veterinary Cardiology. It is thanks to his desire to stay on the cutting edge of technological advancements, and his forward-thinking approach that we can offer the services and level of care that we do today.
Glenn Bengtson BVSc (Hons) MACVSc CertSAS MRCVS Advanced Practioner- Small Animal Surgery
Hailing from down under, Glenn was born and raised in Australia and in 1992 qualified with honours from the University of Queensland with a Bachelors in Veterinary Science. In 2001 he gained a Certificate in Small Animal Surgery (UK) and became a Member, by examination, of the surgical chapter of the Australian/New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists.
Having worked in a mixed practice in Australia, Glenn moved to the UK in 1996 and found himself working at a practice in Cornwall before moving to a small animal centre in Middlesex. Finally, and thankfully, he came to us in 1998 and hasn’t looked back since.
Having become such an integral part of our team, Glenn became a partner in 2002 and has become a pivotal and important part of our practice’s progression.
In 2015 Glenn was recognised as an Advanced Practitioner by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in Small Animal Surgery. This recognises his knowledge and experience, and confirms his commitment to remain informed and up to date in his fields of expertise.
Paul Hill BVSc CertSAM MRCVS Advanced Practitioner-Small Animal Medicine
Originally from Leeds, Paul graduated with a Bachelors in Veterinary Science in 2000 from the University of Bristol, subsequently going on to work in a mixed practice in Harlow.
Having worked mainly with small animal and equine medicine, Paul came to our practice in 2004 and went on to earn his Certificate in Small Animal Medicine in 2009. A dedicated father and animal lover, his application in companion animal medicine led him to also become a practice partner in 2009.
- In 2015 Paul was recognised as Advanced Practitioner by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in Small Animal Medicine. This recognises his knowledge and experience, and confirms his commitment to remain informed and up to date in his field of expertise.
BVSc BSc (Hons)
BSAVA PGCertSAM MRCVS
BVetMed (Hons) MRCVS
BVMS CertAVP MRCVS
Mary-Anne Frank BVSc CertSAM MRCVS
Alex Weatherley BVSc MRCVS
- Our Veterinary Surgeons are here to put your mind at ease. They work across our three surgeries providing first-opinion consultancy, operational procedures and care of our patients. Our vets’ priority is your animals’ comfort, they will take every measure to afford you and your pet the best treatment available. On 24-hour call, all year round, our registered clients can rest assured that no matter the issue, or the time of day, our vets are here for you.
Debbie White RVN
- With over 50 years of experience within the veterinary industry between them, our management team ensure the smooth running of operations and healthcare across our three surgeries.Overseen by Practice Manager Debbie White, they are our backbone and our heart; maintaining all of our facilities, organising our staff and liaising between our veterinary surgeons, nurses, partners, clients and patients.With years of training in veterinary medicine and nursing, their job is to make sure your pet has the best healthcare team and facilities available to them.Taking a dedicated and holistic approach to surgery management, you will often find them helping out in every capacity, from walking our dogs to dealing with accounts.
Charlotte Light, Deputy Head Nurse Epping,
Head of Nurse Training
Deputy Head Nurse Epping
Deputy Head Nurse
Deputy Head Nurse
Julia Surman Wells
- Our diverse nursing team is formed of dedicated, qualified veterinary nurses, student nurses and trainees alike. At Forest Veterinary Centre we are a registered training practice for veterinary nurses. They gain their qualifications through working at our practice whilst studying at university and college. Working under the care of our qualified staff, our students and trainees gain invaluable experience, and provide a range of services for our clients, including free advice on pet nutrition, flea treatments, worming and behavioural training for your pets.We always have nurses on call, offering 24-hour care assistance for all of our registered clients, whilst also providing overnight inpatient care at our Epping veterinary hospital.
- Our friendly reception team are always on hand to answer any questions or concerns you might have. The face of our surgeries, they’re more than happy to offer any advice you may need with your pets’ care. Whether you want to book an appointment over the phone, or just pop in, our trained receptionists are a great port of call for any questions you may have. They are always delighted to meet the new arrivals to your family, and welcome you to our practice.